This is in the ward cook book but I was not sure if everyone had one. This is my kids very favorite dinner and they would have it every night if I would let them.
30 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 packet of Lawry's spaghetti seasoning packet*
1/2 T. Oregano
just under 1/2 T. Italian seasoning
In one pan start browning your hamburger. I always throw in some dried minced onion while it is cooking. Also, put in about 1/4 of the spaghetti seasoning packet.
In another larger saucepan pour the tomato sauce. Rinse the can with some water to make sure you get all the sauce out of the can. Add the rest of the seasoning packet, oregano, Italian seasoning and meat once it is all cooked. Let simmer for 2-3 hours.
*Lawry's is harder to find. Walmart does not carry it. I get it at Patricia's but in Omaha Hy-vee carried it as well. Other brands are not as good.
This recipe makes enough for 2 meals. So once the sauce is cooled off I stick the rest in the freezer for the next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment