Shelley roasts her chickens with fresh garlic, onion, 3/4 cup water boiled w/ 2 bouillon cubes. Pour over chicken sprinkled with salt, pepper, and Lawry's season salt. Roast until done. Can freeze shredded chicken with some of the juices.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Layered Chicken and Black Bean Enchilada Casserole
I made this easy casserole tonight and it was very good. I usually like a little more spice, but the kids liked this because it was mild, so I guess I will sacrifice. I've been doing a meal calendar and once a month I choose a meal and make 3-4 to freeze. I think this one would be a good one because there was a video of them making this dish for the freezer on All-Recipes. I plan on roasting the chickens so I will have the meat all ready to go. I also used a 19 oz. can Old El Paso Red Enchilada sauce and a 4-cup Mexican cheese blend from Sam's for a 9x13" pan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment