This is my friend Kelly Babcock's recipe. Very rich pizza. Great if you want something different maybe for guests.
1/4 c Alfredo sauce (any kind BUT Ragu)
2 chicken breast halves (8 oz) cooked and shredded (Receipe says to cut chicken into cubes and then cook in 1-2 tbsp of bacon grease. ) I just use the grilled chicken from Sam's.
16 oz. Pizza crust (see below)
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and cut into 1/2 in. pieces
10 large fresh spinach leaves
1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
4-6 green onions, sliced diagonally
1 c. grated Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Alfredo souce evenly over pizza crust. Arrange spinach leaves over sauce. Add green onions, shredded chicken and bacon. Sprinkle Cheeses over top. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
*May need more ingredients for a larger pizza. This recipe is for a small one I think.
This is a very simple pizza crust that always works for me. It makes enough for one thin crust jelly roll pan or large pizza stone and a couple small circles for the kids to make their own pizzas.
1 cup warm water
1 T. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
2 T. oil
1 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups flour
Stir water, yeast, and sugar together. Let sit 5-6 min. Add oil, salt, and flour. Knead and add flour a little at a time. Knead about 5 min. Let rise 15 min. and put into greased sheets or pans.
Just a couple tips:
I use olive oil on my pizza pans, then sprinkle them with cornmeal.
You want your water to be between 105-115 degrees. If it's too hot, it will kill the yeast. I know if I use my hot water and microwave it 20 seconds, I get it to the right temp. Just kind of experiment the first time, then you will always know every time you make bread.
1 comment:
Yo Amigo, No espeaka espanol!
Post a Comment