Thursday, November 20, 2008

Veggie Pizza Bars OR Pizza Crust

The recipe is similar to many out there...except for the crust. Most recipes just use crescent roll dough pressed out in a pan, but I make it the way my mom does, using her pizza dough recipe.

Crust:
1 T. Yeast
1 C. Warm Water
1 t. Sugar

Mix these together and let sit until bubbly (approx. 10 minutes).
Add:
1 Egg
1 T. Veggie Oil
1 t. Salt
2 c. Flour (this is approximate, I think it usually takes more)

Kneed this until the dough is not sticky, but smooth and able to be rolled out. Roll it out and press it to the edges of jelly roll pan (aka cookie sheet w/ edges).

***If you are making Veggie Pizza Bars****
Cook just the dough on 350 for about 20 minutes until edges become golden. Let cool.
Ranch Mixture:
1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise (you can use sour cream, but I love me some mayo)
1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
Mix these together and spread over your cooled pizza crust. Then sprinkle shredded cheese over it all. Then add your veggies. I like to use cauliflower, broccoli, green peppers and tomatoes. But you can use whatever you like. Then refrigerate.
****If you are making regular Pizza*****
Roll your dough into your jelly roll pan, kind of pushing a little extra dough around the edges to make a "crust." Then add your pizza sauce. I have a homemade recipe that I like, but you can add Prego or whatever it is that people buy. Then add your cheese. I use mozzarella. After the cheese, you add your toppings, whatever those may be. Then bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until it looks done (make sure the center looks completely cooked through, or you could have a doughy middle).

1 comment:

Babbel Family said...

Made the dough for pizza and it was great!!! Will be using it from now on!