I do a meal calendar and once a month on my calendar I have a freezer meal. This is something that I buy enough stuff for to make 3-4 of them to put in the freezer. I buy those big packages of foil pans at Sam's to use. This is my freezer meal for December. This recipe is awesome because you don't have to cook the manicotti noodles before freezing and it turns out great.
Spaghetti Sauce (From Dinner is Ready)
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. hot Italian sausage (or mild)
2 12 oz. cans tomato past
6 28 oz. cans Italian tomatoes
4 cups water
8 cloves garlic, minced
8 bay leaves
4 onions, chopped
6 Tbsp. sugar
4 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
4 tsp. salt
Brown ground beef and sausage with onion. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (I just cooked it all in two crock pots all day.
Cheese Manicotti (From Dinner is Ready)
I find that you always have extra filling, so you will need extra shells probably.
2 8 oz. pkg manicotti (or more)
3 cups ricotta cheese
4 cups cottage cheese
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
(I'm sure you could add frozen spinach as well.)
Spaghetti Sauce
Do not cook manicotti. Combine all filling ingredients. Cover bottom of foil pans with spaghetti sauce. Stuff manicotti with cheese mixture. (Pampered Chef accent decorator is awesome for this.) Arrange manicotti in pan. Pour more spaghetti sauce over all. Cover with heavy foil. Label and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Bake covered for 45 min. at 350. Uncover, top with more Mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
1 comment:
I have no clue why the manicotti is in yellow.
Post a Comment