Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Healthy Smoothie

My sister-in-law gave me this smoothie recipe, and I've been making one almost every day.  I love it.  I love that I get fruit, veggies, and fiber all at once.  

A little ice
Half a frozen banana
A few blueberries
some fresh spinach
some grated carrot
1/4 cup oatmeal
flax seed oil or meal
some orange juice
and I add a little milk


2 comments:

kelie said...

Healthy and smoothie in the same sentence is a contradiction in and of itself. I will not condone this! Smoothies should be fattening and delicous and only appear to be healthy for you, but actually contain hundreds of calories so you only think you're eating something healthy. That's just the way it should be. I'm sorry to break this to you. ;)

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

It's all relative. There really is very little vegetables in there. That's why I didn't like that Jessica Seinfeld book. So much work to put 1/4 cup pureed carrot in something and it's suppose to be healthy after that. I don't eat all health food either, but I do make miniscule efforts. :)