Sunday, February 1, 2009

Addison's Nachos

If any of you have been to Addison's downtown and had their Nachos Bianco, you will know they are to die for.  I tried hard to recreate them today, and they turned out fabulous.  They aren't something I would make all the time, but for a special party or appetizer, these were really good.

1 package wontons
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 cup cream
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
Mozzarella cheese, grated
Toppings of choice:  
(this is what Addison's uses, but use whatever you want)
tomatoes
scallions or green onions
kalamata olives
peperoncini peppers
chicken, black beans, or chorizo sausage

Preheat oven to 350.  Fry all your wontons and lay them all in a jelly roll pan.  Sprinkle all the chips lightly with Mozzarella cheese.  Put all the toppings on that you want.  Melt butter in small saucepan, add flour and make a roux.  Add 1 cup cream and stir until thickened.  Add the Asiago cheese and stir until thick.  Add milk to thin down a little.  Pour cheese sauce over all and place in oven until all melted together, about 10 minutes.  Enjoy!!!  


6 comments:

kelie said...

Anything with the word "roux" in it, is too complicated for me. :(

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I guess you won't be able to make that sausage gravy you love so much because you have to make roux. :)

Jessica said...

You are my new hero! I LOVE those Nachos.. I am totally going to recreate them.. As soon as I am off my diet! Or I will just cheat! Thanks for the recipe! :)JessB

Angela said...

These are Dave's ultimate favorite. How did you get the recipe? Too bad I can't cook--he would like these:) Seriously I don't even know what a "roux" is.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.