I made these for Brigham's school fund raiser, but since we can't stop eating them, I guess I will make something else. This is Jessica Hammond's recipe and I thought it was already on here. Since I can't find it, I'm posting it in case you don't have it. Super Yummy!
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. soda
2 tsps. baking powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Mix first four ingredients together, then add rest and mix. Use a cookie scoop to drop on sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
Banana Cookie Frosting
1/3 cup butter, browned
In deep bowl with wax paper over it, cook in microwave for 3 minutes, then add 1 minute at a time until brown.
3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix and spread over cookies while frosting is still warm.
3 comments:
So glad you liked them, they are my all time favorite, Jon doesn't like them so me and the boys eat the entire batch ourselves!! Did you end up trying the Trifle? How did it turn out?
ummmm YUM. I wish I would have seen that about 2 hours ago before I tossed several bad bananas!
I made these today and YUMMY!
Post a Comment