Thursday, August 14, 2008

Snappy Treats (Twist to No Bake Cookies)

No Bake cookies have always been - okay to me - take them or leave them, this is a little bit different and I like them a TON better!

Snappy Treats

3 cups quick rolled oats

1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk)

1/2 cup coconut

1/2 cup chopped pecans (I did not use these, not a huge fan of nuts in my cookies!)

2 cups sugar

1 1/2 stick butter

1/2 cup evaporated milk (My sister said she has just used regular milk and they have been fine)

Mix oats, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans in a large bowl. Bring sugar, butter and milk to a rapid boil and boil 1 1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour hot mixture over mixture in bowl and stir until chocolate chips melt. Drop by teaspoon on waxed paper. Cool at room temperature. Store in covered container. (if you use white chocolate chips, it makes this real colorful if you add 3/4 cup candied cherries, cut up. (recipe's author's note))

No comments: