Thursday, August 7, 2008

Peanut Noodles

This is from Allrecipes.com. Can easily be adapted for different tastes. I put in more ginger and added in some garlic and also a little bit more water to make the sauce thinner. I also added frozen stir fry vegetables and chicken to make a meal out of it.

8 oz spaghetti
1 bunch green onions (whites only) sliced
2 Tbs. sesame oil
1tsp. ginger minced
1/3 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. hot water
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Cook pasta. Drain. Combine oil and onions and saute until tender. Add ginger. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. Mix in peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat. Toss with pasta and serve. Also good cold.

1 comment:

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I made these tonight and the whole family loved them. I made a few small changes. I stir fried onion, zucchini, and frozen broccoli together in the peanut oil. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, and some garlic. I steamed the frozen broccoli and cut it really small so the kids will eat it that way. I mixed all the sauce ingredients in a measuring cup, but added 1 cup water instead of 1/4 cup and a boullion cube. Then I added a heaping tsp. of cornstarch. After the veggies were tender, I added the sauce and let it thicken. Then I added the cooked linguini. It was delicious. I think I will top with chopped peanuts next time.