Country Style Ribs
(I planned for ½ pound per person. You can buy these at Costco and Sam’s Club for between $1.68 and $1.99/lb. They usually come in a package of about 7 strips for about 7-8 lbs. That means one package can feed generously 14-15 people. )
The BBQ sauce is:
1 part of one kind of BBQ sauce (I used KC Masterpiece)
1 part of a second kind of BBQ sauce (I used GV honey BBQ sauce)
1 part apple sauce (I used GV apple sauce, plain)
My mother-in-law said just pick what ever kind you have on hand or like. The idea is to mix flavors a little. When I was buying BBQ sauce, I could see by all the different kinds on the shelves that you could really have a lot of fun with this recipe.
Slow cook for 7 hours on low. (I don’t recommend putting all 7-8lbs of meat in one crock pot. I am still apologizing profusely for the messy crock pots that had BBQ drippings all down the fronts of them!)
No comments:
Post a Comment