Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amaretto Peach Cheesecake

Amaretto Peach Cheesecake

3 T butter
1/3 cup sugar
¾ cup flour

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in egg. Add flour; mix well. Spread dough onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 450 degrees, 10 minutes.

3 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
3 T flour
3 eggs
1 16oz can peaches drained, pureed
¼ cup almond flavor liqueur

Combine cream cheese, sugar and flour, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add peaches and liqueur; mix well. Pour over crust. Bake at 450 degrees, 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees; continue baking 1 hour and 5 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill. Carnish with toasted almond slices and additional peach slices, if desired.

10-12 servings.

I did not have almond flavor liqueur, so I googled it and finally decided to go with a heaping 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of almond extract. I thought it was delightful, though it had a hard time competing with the chocolate cheesecakes! I shared some with my neighbors and they loved it. I also didn’t notice the part about draining the peaches, so I did add some liquid when I pureed them. I think the liquid helped because it turned out very moist. I really liked this one and would definitely make it again!

No comments: