Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Brownie Swirl Cheesecake

Brownie Swirl Cheesecake

1 8oz package brownie mix

Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Prepare basic brownie mix as directed on package; pour batter evenly into springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees, 15 minutes. (I couldn’t find an 8-oz package, so I made a 19oz one and used a little more than half of it on a 10-inch springform pan. I baked it for 20 minutes instead.)

2 8oz packages cream cheese softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup milk chocolate pieces, melted

Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour over brownie layer. Spoon melted chocolate over cream cheese mixture; cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect. Bake at 350 degrees 35 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries, if desired.

10-12 servings.

Because I made this in the 10-inch springform pan, I 1 ½-ed the recipe and baked it 45 minutes instead of the 35. When I dropped the melted chocolate and began to marble, by the time I was done marbling, the chocolate sunk to the bottom and did not disperse as much as I would have liked. If I were to do this again, I might add a little butter to my melted chocolate and warm it a bit longer to liquefy it better for marbling. I never got a taste of this one, it went like hotcakes, I’m assuming it was good.

No comments: