Friday, April 11, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

8 Cups Water
3 Tbs. Chicken base (like boullion)
2 Cloves minced garlic (I used the pre-minced in a Jar)
2 stalks of celery- chopped
1-2 tsp. celery salt (to taste)
2 chicken breasts (more or less if you like)

Boil all together until Chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred or chop, return to soup broth
Add:
2 C. sliced carrots
and homemade noodles (recipe below)

You can add any vegetable you like. I have added broccoli, peas, fresh frozen green beans, cubed potatoes (right at the end so they don't disintegrate)

Noodle Recipe
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt

Combine eggs and milk and mix into flour
2 egg yolks
6 T milk
I have not perfected the amount of flour on this recipe, If needed add more flour to the dough. It will be stickier than bread dough.

Put generous amount of flour on counter, or cookie sheet and roll out dough into a rectangle. Use a pizza cutter to cut noodles to desired width and length. I usually do about 1/2" by 3" or so.
Add noodles to boiling broth and let cook at least 30 min before eating.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks again! It was delish!! JessB