Monday, August 10, 2009

Fresh Berry Sauce

So I made this Fresh Berry Sauce a couple weeks ago and I've pretty much been eating it on EVERYTHING. But more specifically, it goes great on ice cream, pancakes/waffles/french toast, toast, filling in donuts...I even folded it into fresh whipped cream and made a filling for a chocolate cake with it...YUM! It's based off of a Tyler Florence recipe, but I've simplified it a bit.

2 lbs. Cherries (pitted)
1 lb. Strawberries sliced
1 lb. Raspberries
2 c. Sugar
2 Lemons, juiced
2 T. Cherry Syrup
1 1/2c. Water

Prepare, cut and wash all the fruit. In a large pot or large pan (like above) combine the fruit, sugar, lemon juice, cherry syrup and water. Simmer over medium high heat about 20 minutes, until the juice has released from the fruit. See picture below.

Slowly and carefully pour the mixture into your blender and puree until it reaches the smoothness you prefer. I like mine really smooth. This makes A LOT. I filled 3 20 oz. bottles and froze two of then. It freezes and thaws great. Have fun!






2 comments:

Karen said...

That was totally delicious in the cake!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I've been dreaming about that sauce. It was SO yummy.