Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sarah's Truffles

I made these for Sarah's shower, but it is really her recipe. So sorry if I screw it up.

1 pkg oreo's (mint are yummy too)
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
almond bark
sprinkles, nuts, or other fun stuff to shake on the tops of the truffles

Place oreo's inside a large zip lock bag. Using a very hard object, pulverize the oreos into tiny pieces. Pour this huge mess into a large mixing bowl and add cream cheese. Using a mixer, beat until thoroughly combined. Now at this point I like to stick the bowl in the freezer for a bit, because I think it makes it easier to form the little balls, but you can do whatever. Using your pampered chef cookie scoop, form 1 inch balls from the oreo glop and place on a cookie sheet that is covered in wax paper. Melt your almond bark according to package directions and dip away!! Place dipped truffles back onto waxed paper cookie sheets. Before almond bark hardens sprinkle any desired topping on the top of each truffle. Thanks Sarah!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love your description---pulverized and goop:)!! These are delicious!