Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mini Ham Puffs

I made these for the boys and I tonight and they devoured them.  We had them with a fruit salad.   The original recipe says to make them in mini-muffin pans, but that was too much work.  I adapted the recipe for regular size muffins.

1 8 oz. pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1/3 cup finely diced thinly sliced ham
1/3 cup shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
5 eggs
dash salt and pepper
2 tablespoons finely diced onion
1 tbsp. snipped fresh parsley

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray muffin tin.  Unroll crescent rolls.  Take one roll and fold into kind of a square.  Press with fingers into each muffin cup.  Finely chop ham and onion.  Add cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.  Fill each muffin cup with egg/ham mixture.  Bake 15-18 min. until lightly browned and egg is set.  Remove from pan and enjoy.
(I made a few for the kids without the onion or parsley, then I added it and made mine.)  These were really good.    

No comments: