Thursday, September 4, 2008

Veggie Pizza

This is Carol Staley's recipe. It is Dave's ultimate favorite.

1 pkg crescent rolls
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 pkg dry ranch dressing packet
2/3 cup chopped broccoli
2/3 cup chopped carrots
2/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup green pepper and green onion
8 oz shredded Colby jack cheese

Spread crescent rolls flat on pizza pan. Make several fork pricks all over to prevent "puffing". Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

With a mixer blend together cream cheese, sour cream and dry ranch dressing mix. Spread on cooled crust. Mix all veggies together and sprinkle on top of cream cheese mixture. Use a piece of wax paper and lightly press veggies into creamed mixture. Top with shredded cheese and lightly press with wax paper again. Chill for an hour and cut into squares and serve.

(I have never included the green peppers because I don't like the taste but it just a preference). I think it would be good if you added fresh tomatoes too!

No comments: